Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mad About Mad Men

I am a HUGE fan of the show "Mad Men" on AMC.  Or maybe it's that I'm a huge fan of the lead character Don Draper and how cool it would be to live in that era.  If you haven't heard of the show or seen it, you need to!  It's a show based in the 60's about an advertising company, their clients and the ones they try to get.  All the men wear suits and hats to work, the women are housewives and wear aprons in the kitchen, and the TV's are black and white.  It's a simpler time, a time that we think back on now as to how did we ever make it back then?!  How did we make it with TV without a remote or having no computers but have to use a typewriter?  That's ludacris, us not having a smartphone to get through your day and use a phone with a cord on the end of it instead. Geez....we are to reliant on technology. I'm just as guilty. Hell I'm writing this blog from my spartphone-- in bed!!

Granted they all smoke like freight trains and drink like fish, just the lifestyle they had kind of amazes me. I dont think I'd survive one day in the 60's if I got thrown back in time tonight.  I just think of all the challanges I'd be up against knowing what I could do to make that one task less challenging by using something from the future. But then I also think how much thought or effort I wouldn't be putting into those certian tasks because technology CAN do it for me.  It's a vicious cycle technology and the future.  If I were in Mad Men times id like to think id be a mixture of Joan and Peggy....brains and beauty. Dont we all want that?  In a perfect 60's themed world...... oh the possibilities.

Enjoy some eye candy ladies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)