Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Craigslist Joe"

So I was flipping through Netflix tonight as I sat down with my pizza and sweet tea in hand.  I am in the middle of Season 8 of Weeds, but my hubby isn't a huge fan of the show, so I tried to find something interesting to watch.  "Craigslist Joe" was under new releases.  It's pretty much about a guy who lives in L.A. and lives off Craigslist for a month, going off complete strangers generosity and kindness.  He met some cool and crazy people.  He went all the way to NY on just the sheer kindness of someone who wanted help driving across the states.  After watching this movie, I got on Craigslist and started to search and see what was on there today, nothing jumped out at me in case you were wondering. ;)  I'm not a stranger of Craigslist by any means, I've bought several things off there, and sold some stuff too over the years.One guy Joe met was a Craigslist addict as he called himself and everyday he searched  several different parts of Craigslist...like transport, ect, crew, domestic.  I didn't even know those things existed on Craigslist.  I only go to free, baby+kid stuff, and household.  So needless to say this movie got me inspired to be a little bit more giving, a little bit more nice to the next average joe I see.  Not saying I'm gonna respond to an ad and give some random dude a ride downtown at 10pm, but I'm open to be a little more open minded when it comes to helping out strangers.  I think we are always a little bit too on guard, you never know your next act of kindness could change that persons world, you just never know!

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog post!! You're right about being inspired to bless other people thru random acts of kindness. But yes, definitely use wisdom and good judgment, and never put yourself or your family in any danger whatsoever by helping someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica! A little kindness goes along way. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)