Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We're Pregnant.....Now What?!?

So approximately 10 weeks ago we found out we were pregnant….yup we gots a bun in the oven!  Sound the alarms; get the marching band in order, time to party!  What’s even more exciting is that this is our first child!  We have thus far only been parents to two furbabies, our two labs Bella & Chloe.  So this baby will be a whole new venture for us.  So as I mentioned in my first blog, to do the math for ya’, I’m 13 weeks pregnant, we are due in October.  After finding out, we did the appropriate thing and told both of our parents first, then the rest of the family and friends, yada yada.  We were engulfed with a million congratulations, we're so happy for you.....then with a bunch of “it’s about time” or "took ya'll long enough" and “now it’s your turn” kind of sayings…..which made me a little nervous to say the least. Yes we're "older" parents in lots of peoples eyes per sey, I'm 31 and Kenny is 32.  Since we were married everyone and their mother kept hounding us on when we were gonna have kids, so those little comments were old and busted by the time they actually came around.  haha!  Well I know I wasn’t always the best kind of kid growing up, and I’m sure my husband had his days too, so is it true what my Momma told me?  That my kid will give it to me tenfold on how I behaved as a child?  I’m pretty sure that is accurate because, as they say Momma knows best. 


So knowing that, I guess I might know a little bit of what to expect when they are growing up, but that’s neither here nor there.  Now for what to do with our little nugget after he/she is born….I ain’t got a clue…..watching someone else’s baby and living with a baby are two totally different worlds I imagine.  I’ve never cared for a newborn before, I’ve only held all my friend’s babies and then handed them back when they were crying or needed to be fed laughingly thinking “here ya’ go, he/she wants Mommy” and that was my queue to get the hell out of dodge. Now the shoe is on the other foot, or it will be in 6 months.  Most of caring for a baby is common sense I know, and I got some of that, and I know Kenny has a lot of know-how, so I think we’ll be ok.   We are excited, scared, and nervous and most of all anxious to find out if our little nugget is a boy or girl.  Doc said we can find out at 19 weeks, so we only have 7 more weeks left, which will fly by!   *Squeal*



Brightest Blessings,
Valerie

1 comment:

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)