Thursday, January 23, 2014

Crockpot Banana Bread, Yumo!

I wanted to make banana bread the other night....but was out of eggs.  Whomp Whomp.  So I made a post on FB about how I was out of eggs and couldn't make it after all.  Well I am glad I did!  My friend Jennifer commented on my post and said to try a recipe of banana bread and to make it in the crock pot.  Whoa, mind blown!

So I took my own banana bread recipe and just used the crock pot instead of the oven.  It only took 30 min more than the oven, and the shape was oval vs rectangle.  ;)  So here is my recipe and cook times for crock pot.  Give it a try and let me know how yours comes out!   It was soooooooooooo delish!  Just as good as the oven.  Great to make during the summer time so you won't heat up the house!  :) 






 Ingredients:

1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinammon
1 tsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts/pecans
3-4 mashed bananas

**The sour cream guarantees a moist and tender loaf.**



Directions:

1.  Grease and flour your crock pot

2.  In large bowl, cream together butter, white/brown sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir into butter mixture until smooth.  Finally fold in bananas, sour cream and walnuts.

3.  Pour into greased crocked pot and cook for 1 and half hours on high.  Every crock pot varies, so just eyeball yours, it may take less or more time.

4.  Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar on top, and some extra nuts if you have some!  ;)

Enjoy!

Brightest Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)