Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Toddler & Mommy's New Year Resoultions

Happy New Year!  First of all I am pretty darn proud of myself.  I actually got a blog entry in on the first of the year!  WOO HOO!

I am not into new years resolutions, let me rephrase that; I am not into the "typical" new years resolutions: loose weight, work out more, eat healthier, get organized......blah blah blah.  Newsflash, we ALL need to do that! 

So as I write my new years resolutions down, I started to think.....after much reflecting on this past year, I realized all my resolutions are faith based.  I think this year, is a year of working on me.  Finding me.  Being true to myself. 
They really aren't resolutions as much as they are goals.  I will strive my hardest to do and keep up with it.  I have never done that before with any past resolutions, but I have a feeling this year will be different.  They may seem like an everyday type task versus something to work towards, but after much reflecting back on this past year, I know what I need to work on.

  • Be more diligent in my quite time with the Lord 
  • Give my all in my bible studies, no slacking!
  • Write my prayers down
  • Go to church every Wednesday night (even when I'm too tired!)
  • Pray before meals (I am so bad about this!) 
  • Work on my patience (that one is for you Kenny! ;) )





And of course I just couldn't go without having put down what Holden's New Year Resolutions are......


Holden's New Year Resolutions

Play with my own real toys--for real!
  although I thoroughly enjoyed Nana's gifts of my own dog food bowl, my very own pan, my remote and my metal keys I asked for.....I will try to actually play with my little people farm tractor and airplane, and not let the dogs eat my little people.

Take a shot at potty training
  I'll be 2 this year!  Whoa!  But I'm not quite sure how I will "take a shot" but hey, I think if I have mommy's help to get up to the potty, it'll be an adventure for sure!

Master using my utensils
  so apparently taking food from my left hand and placing it on my fork in my right hand isn't quite the right way to use my fork, and the spoon isn't for flinging food...hmmmm.....says who?!?!

Stop feeding the dogs ALL my meals
  now if my highchair is a dog nose level, I can't help that.  And those two beautiful brown eyed girls that are always starting at me sure now how to put on the puppy dog eyes!  I can't resist!

Stay adorable
  nailed it!  ;)






Brightest Blessings,
Valerie






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)