Friday, January 3, 2014

Copycat McDonald's Carmel Iced Coffee

I love carmel iced coffee's.  My wallet however does not.  lol  But to give myself some credit, I do buy McDonald's ice coffees more than Starbucks, one because of the prices, and two the taste.  I prefer McyD's over 4-bucks, I mean Starbucks.  So I looked online for some copycat recipes and saw several different kinds, but they were all for mocha or vanilla--no carmel ones.

So one day while getting a iced coffee one day, I watched how they made it.  Simple enough, coffee, cream, carmel sauce, carmel +syrup and ice.  I can do that!  So off to the grocery store I go to get the things I need.  I had to go to Wal-Mart to get the carmel sauce, my grocery store only had vanilla.  Boo!  I got the brand name Torani for the carmel syrup, I didn't see any other options available, but get what your store has.  :)

Oh, and to clarify, when I say Carmel sauce--I am referring to the Troani sauce.  When I say syrup, I am referring to the syrup you put on top of ice cream.  Make sense?  ;)






Ingredients:
Brewed Coffee
Half & Half (or your preferred creamer or milk)
Carmel syrup
Carmel sauce
Ice

I brew a pot of coffee and put it in a pitcher and set it in the fridge overnight.  This is key, so when you go to make your coffee, it's already ice cold!

1.  Put as much ice as you like in cup
2.  Pour coffee over ice
3.  Pour in 1/4 cup half & half (creamer or milk)
4.  Pour in 2 tbsp carmel sauce
5.  Mix well, add more half & half or carmel sauce to taste
6.  Drizzle carme syrup on top
7.  Enjoy!

This is pretty spot on for the McDonald's iced coffee.  Let me know if you try it and what you think!  :)

Brightest Blessings,
Valerie

8 comments:

  1. Im NEVER buying Mcdonalds caramel iced coffee ever again!!!! Your recipe taste exactly like it even better!! And Im in love with their coffee but I spend so much money buying it everyday thank you so much for recipe its going to save me so much money ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a shot of espresso where would I find that to add to this recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's how I get an espresso like result at home without an espr. machine. I buy an espresso-grade ground coffee such as Cafe Bustelo & brew it in a French press (using 1.5 to 2 Tbs per 6 oz water). If you dont have a press, you can use a drip machine to brew a small batch at double strength. But Fr. presses are easy to find & not expensive. Target also sells a thing called AeroPress for $28 that makes more authentic espresso.

      Delete
  3. I love it I love it I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is your measurement for the coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i tried this today it tasted so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it matter which brand of coffee you use? Also, how much coffee do you use for this recipe? I'm assuming you're using a 20oz or 24oz cup? How much coffee for a cup that size? I guess I need to know how much coffee you use before the ice has been added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of kcups should I buy?

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)