Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Basket Ideas {non-candy} for 18+ months



As Easter is sneaking up right up behind me, and by right up behind me I mean in 4 days!  I am scrambling my brain as of what to put in an 18 months old Easter basket.  Holden was 6 months last year, and didn’t get to go walk around the yard and search for eggs, so this year he gets to and I want to make the first year memorable!  But with that in mind, I also don’t want my son bouncing off the walls from a sugar high that I have to deal with the sugar crash later in the day.  No thanks dude!

So what is one mommy to put in the eggs of the egg hunt for her 18 month old?  From above talking about sugar rushes/crashes, I surely don’t want to put all candy in there!  He’s never had candy, nor will he till he’s 10 if I can help it!  And any and all candy that goes in there will be consumed by me or my hubby…probably the latter, but I digress…….

So I got some good ideas from my good ol’ noggin, aaaaaaand my pantry.  Also mommies/daddies, keep in mind, these kiddos don't know what's "supposed" to be in the eggs, so let your imagination go wild!  It's just fun to watch them explore and the joy on their face when they find it and see the little surprise in there!   

So here is what will be in some of Holden’s Easter eggs in no particular order:

-Box of raisins
-Yogurt covered raisins
-Goldfish
-Teddy Grahams
-Coins/dollar bills for his piggy bank
-Buddy Bucks (for our local grocery store game machine)
-Crayons (if they fit haha)
-Stickers
-Baby carrots
-Little People toys
-Dried fruit
-Vanilla wafers
-Animal Crackers
-Granola

***DISCLAIMER***  Before putting ANY food items in your plastic eggs, be sure to wash them!  ;)
 
So now you have some candy free ideas of what to stick in your toddler Easter eggs for their hunt! 
Now here is what we will have in Holden’s Easter Basket.

Oh *side note*!  I got these really cute bunny footprints at our local grocery store to tape down to the floor leading outside to the deck in the backyard that leads to the grass where the eggs will be hidden!  It will be epic!  So if you see those anywhere, grab them and have fun!  





Here is what all I have for Holden's actual Easter basket....this won't all fit in the basket per say, but I might put it all in his wagon and have it outside for him.  :)





 Here is are some photos of what is in the basket in case you need some ideas!

I got this basket at World Market on clearance for $4 woot woot!  We have Holden's first baby bible in there, The Bunny Book, a train book, and some little rubber duckies that swim in the tub!



These are some plastic eggs I got at the dollar store, for you guessed it, $1!  Camo and sports theme.  Typical little boy themed stuff. :)


Grandma Sharon got all these lovelies for Master Holden. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)