Thursday, July 11, 2013

DIY Baby Sensory Bags

I made these for a baby sensory playdate with some mommy friends of mine.  They were a big hit!  And super easy to make!  Try it yourself!  :)


Materials:
Gallon Ziploc bags (wal-mart brand because there is no label/printing on the bag)
Decorative Duct Tape
1 bottle of CHEAP colored hair gel (green, yellow, pink)
Water
(there are items I used, you can use whatever you like!)
Pom Poms
Buttons
Pony Beads
Googly Eyes


Step 1: Pour 3/4 of the containter of gel into ziplock bag.  Add a little bit of water, I'm talking like 2-3 tablespoons.  Squish it around till gel is a little watered down.  Add more water or gel if needed, it won't hurt to have the whole bottle of gel.  Just depends on how much you want in the bag.

Step 2:  Add the sensory items of your choice.  I added the entire pom pom and button packages I bought.  For the googly eyes and pony beads, I added half of each package because so many came in them.  Squish them around some in there.  Add water to your disgression of suqishability.  :)

Step 3:  Close the Ziploc bag.  Make sure you get all the possible air out that you can.  Once done, start to duct tape each side, front and back.  It is easier if you do one edge at a time: do the front, then back, then go onto next edge.  Your all done!  







1 comment:

  1. That was neat Valerie now I have some ideas for our grand baby if he ever gets here LOL and we ever meet Taylor

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)