Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fire Fighter & Law Enforcment Discounts----They Deserve It Too!





As a LEO (law enforcement officer) wife & Fire wife, I've seen through the years my husband get praise for the job he does for our community; pats on the back for a job well done; a hug from a little old lady who is so appreciative of my husband and his kindness, and thanks your for the job he does.  I could go on and on with the the thanks you and we appreciate you's he gets.  But that's all he gets.  By that I mean, all he gets is the thank yous from the community citizens, the pats on the backs from people he helped on a call, and hugs from lil' old ladies.  He doesn't get a 10% at Home Depot for giving service to his community.  He doesn't get a free meal on a specific holiday for the service and time he served to his community.  He doesn't get a special deal on tires or furniture for the dedication to his community.  Just a pat on the back, a thank you and being a local hero is all.  Now that just ain't fair!  Who's with me?!

Now I don't want you to think I'm mocking the military discounts the enlisted and veterans get, because I'm not!  No way no how!  They work hard and deserve them justly so, but so do the LEO/Fire Fighters of your local community.  I'm a military brat myself, I moved around all my childhood till I was 15 years old.  I used the military discounts when they were available to me, no doubt!  Who doesn't use a discount when it's available right?!  But now that I'm on the other side of the fence, and as a LEO/Fire wife, I see all this hard work my husband does for our community and city, and I think he deserves more! 

My whole reason on this post was to bring awareness to our/your LOCAL community of our own LOCAL heroes!  Right here in our very own back yard.  They might not be fighting for our freedom in a foreign country, but they are protecting our local streets from robbers and murderers, they are putting out a fire in your neighborhood, or saving a child's life who needs medical attention.  They are doing it all barbecue they love the job they do, they love serving our community and helping out.  I think the least our local businesses could do is give them a discount.  

I'm not sure how to get the word out about this to our local businesses, but your gonna be damned if I'm not gonna try and find out how to get something started!  :)  This wifey is gonna make some noise!  It's the least I can do, my husband works hard to provide for our family, and works for out city and he deserves more than a pat on the back!

Brightest Blessings,
Valerie

2 comments:

  1. Some restaurants do give discounts to Leo/firefighters. I'm not sure which ones but I know some do!!! I know u are looking for more than just restaurants and when I've seen them get discounts is when they are in uniform. You go get them girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some theme parks do but all in all it is pretty rare,

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)