Monday, October 7, 2013

Thanks for Nothing Goverment!





I  am not political at all by any stretch of the imagination.  I do know that the government shut down because congress can't come together on an agreement for a budget.  Just stop blaming each other, stop pointing fingers and work it out people!  Damn! 

What I also know is that the stupid government royally messed up Holden's Grandparents first birthday visit.  BOOOOO government!  BOOOO!  My Mom and Dad got their plane tickets in August to fly (they're in Virginia) down here to Texas on Oct 9th.  Well, my Dad's job is marked as "emergency essential" so he has to stay.  He will not be flying down as regularly scheduled, but my Mom will.  I cried, I was upset, then I got over it.  At least one Grandparent (from my side) will be at Holden's party.  Then Dad called, he WILL be coming down.....on Oct 30th.  I cried tears of joy, I was happy, I got excited!  So it will be nice to have both my parents here with me later this month.  It gives me more time to plan stuff for us to do, and get some photos scheduled for us to get taken when Dad gets here.  


So yeah, there is a silver lining.  And thanks goodness for Skype, so we can Skype Dad and my brother in for Holden's cake while we sing happy birthday to him.  :)  

Brightest Blessings,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome your comments! Be sure to let me know who you are! If you post as anonymous, just sign your comment at the end! I like to know who is keeping up with us! :)